To register go here. To pay use paypal button below
To register go here.
Introduction to Telehealth Counseling
With Pamela Eaken, LMFT
Pamela Eaken, LMFT, LPCC, licensed since 2011, is in private practice, specializing in couples therapy and anxiety disorders for all age groups. Since moving to Chico in August of last year, half of her current practice is done using telehealth technologies.
Topics to be covered:
• Telehealth Defined
• HIPPA Requirements – Internet Security, Hardware, Software
• Consent Forms
• Filing Claims and Payment
• Ethical/Legal Considerations
• Online Etiquette and Transitioning Care
• Useful URLs
• Understand the parameters that are required to classify a session as “telehealth”.
• Know the requirements to meet HIPPA regulations for “secure” sessions.
• Be familiar with telehealth-associated administrative tasks, e.g., consent forms, requirements for filing claims, signing up
with vendors (the BAA agreement).
• Know when telehealth is appropriate and possible legal and ethical issues that might arise with distance counseling.
• Know what the benefits of doing telehealth are, some of the challenges, and what some trade-offs are.
Friday, May 18, 2018
8:30 am Registration & Breakfast Buffet
9 am – 12 noon
This course qualifies for 3 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the BBS. CAMFT-approved Continuing Education Provider #62274
Participants must be present for the entire workshop to receive CE credit.
1851 Esplanade, Chico CA 95926
This course meets the qualifications for 3 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Chico Regional Chapter of CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. Chico Regional Chapter of CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
Participants must be present for the entire course to receive CE credit. Certificates are handed out at the end of the course when evaluations are received.
Grievances should be communicated to the contact information below. All grievances will be responded to within 1 week of receipt.
Facilities and programs are accessible to persons with disabilities. If you have a special need and plan to attend the workshop, please use the contact information below. Please allow as much advance notice as is possible to ensure we have ample opportunity to meet your needs.
Nori Monroe 530-781-2155
PO Box 2070 Chico CA 95927